cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall mounting bracket

Peter3629
Investigator
Investigator

Does anyone know if you can buy a bracket to mount the tv mini box - tv is high on a wall 

also does the mini box magic eye have to face forward or will it pick up signals bounced off the ceiling for example 

thanks in advance

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Peter3629   Just fix it to the back of the TV. I’ve done this with my Apple TVs.    A few zip ties holds it nicely in place to the tv mount frame.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

It would probably be easier and cheaper just for yourself to get a little shelf of some sort and fit it where you want it to go.

I doubt you'll find an official one from BT/EE, if you did it would be expensive, you can get Smart Hub brackets from a well known auction site for about £5, so might be worth looking on there or somewhere similar.

As for picking up signals, always take it as needing a direct line of sight for any remote control to be working correctly.

Also, note that it is suggested that it the mini tv box is placed five meters away from your hub, see here for more info: https://ee.co.uk/help/tv-sport/getting-started/set-up-ee-tv-box-mini

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
DarrenDev
EE Employee

The remote control for all new EE TV boxes is Bluetooth, so no direct line of sight is required. You could hide it in a cupboard if you wanted.

Peter3629
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks👍

Thanks

@Peter3629   Just fix it to the back of the TV. I’ve done this with my Apple TVs.    A few zip ties holds it nicely in place to the tv mount frame.  

Thanks Chris have located at back and all works ok 👍