cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TNT sport inclusive extra on EETV

Theroadster
Explorer

I have EE mobile with an inclusive extra of TNT Sports.  This is activated and I can view via Discovery+
I also have EETV with an EE Apple TV which has its own app and TV guide containing TNT Sports channels. However accessing these gives the “a subscription is required error”.  Should these not be linked ?  It would be odd to have to exit into another app when the point is surely to keep all the content in one place. 

any advice ? 

4 REPLIES 4
Phil9000
Explorer

To access the live channels via the tv guide you would need to subscribe to TNT Sports via EE TV. 
Access in your case is limited to the Discovery plus app.

Theroadster
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. It’s not ideal , and is somewhat clunky . But it sounds like it is what it is.   I’m getting Mini boxes as well and assume it’s the same situation with those. 

Same with the TV Box Mini - you'll only be able to watch in the app. The EE TV service only knows about EE TV subscriptions - it knows nothing about your mobile phone.

I appreciate what you're saying, DarrenDev, from a technical standpoint. But the fact of the matter is that this is another aspect of the service that has not been thought out by EE "the brand". Mobile and broadband are both offered by EE - so why shouldn't customers expect to have a seemless service that allows customers to have the services that we pay a handsome price for? My situation is slightly different to the OP in that I have TNT Sports as an inclusive extra benefit with my EE mobile SIM which offers HD and 4k sports. I have also paid for the Big Sports package on my EE TV service. However, I am only able to watch TNT Sports via EETV in SD and the only way I can change this is if I pay a further £6 per month to upgrade to the HD option. This is not something I'm prepared to do since I am already paying for HD via my mobile plan. I'd be paying twice.