cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user of EETV

HantsLady
Investigator
Investigator

We recently signed up to EE TV “Full Works” package through our BT Broadband account and requested an EE Guide to help install the system since we have been Sky customers for many years.

The person who came simply installed the box and registered our ITVX account (apparently required on installation) but told us that he had no idea how all the other apps that are connected to EE TV work or how to register with them and use them through EE TV.

We do not currently have a Netflix account but were not able to register a Netflix account in order to link it to EE TV without subscribing to the minimum £4.99 a month. It is meant to be free on our EE TV package.

Same issue with NOW - which says that we only have one month free and not the full 24 months as shown when ordering the “Full Works” package from EE. Not sure that paying £30 is worth it for someone to plug in a box and demonstrate the remote control!

There does not appear to be a Guide on EE’s website explaining how the box and app works and how to set it up.

8 REPLIES 8
HantsLady
Investigator
Investigator

Same problem here. We ordered the “Full Works” package through our BT broadband account on 19th April, before the merger with EE on 25th April, plus an “Expert Visit” at £30. We were told that there were “systems errors” with NOW entertainment.

Email dated 25th April showed a contract which included moving our BT Broadband to EE at an extra £10 per month and restarting our existing 24 month contract. First error.

Showed one-off charges of £90 - £60 for “Expert Visit” not £30 as quoted and anther £30 for “Sport” never mentioned previously. Second error

The TV package was not the “Full Works” just TNT Sports, NOW Cinema, NOW Entertainment and Netflix each individually priced and not the amount we signed up for. Third error

The “expert” who visited installed the Pro Box and demonstrated the remote but had no idea how the apps worked or even that you could use the EE app on a Smart TV!

Instead of this being a seamless move using “Expert” help it has become such a palaver that my husband is even prepared to go back to Sky and kick BT/EE into touch!

Sorry to hear of your issues @HantsLady however those failures are the reason why you don't have a fully working service now - your previous orders have left your account in a bad state that has now caused it to fail to provide the proper services to you.

This is a known issue and a fix is being worked on, but I'm afraid you're going to need to call the helpdesk to ask for a fault to be raised.  Mention that it's a known issue, and insist on a fault being passed to TMC to manually fix it.

Daipop
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

NewEE is a joke as their unable to integrate the EE/BT systems & are even protected by the Communications Ombudsman who refers you back to them for a resolution - good luck my sympathies are with you 

Daipop
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Well well revealing ?? Any joy with my problem or will it continue to be IGNORED ?? Poor show sorry!!

I haven't ignored you @Daipop - I replied to your email on Friday night, and told you I'd get someone to look at it today.  I've just replied to your email again with a status update.

I’m not sure what you mean about “previous orders” We already had BT Broadband and only ordered the “Full Works” on EE TV once as far as we were aware. It has been escalated now to Consumer Resolutions.

It doesn’t help that we get almost daily emails with different amounts on them, going up each time! 

Daipop
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Hi HantsLady

Just found out they can reinstate my lost order exactly as first placed in March but only at an increase of £20/month - so NewEE or BT error will cost me (79 year OAP) over £240 a year more - disgusted

But the guy Jordan was very helpful & apologetic of my shameful treatment re lost order

Again best of luck keep us posted
Kind regards
DAIPOP
Sent from my iPad
Daipop
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Sorry Darren good contact with Jordan earlier & could submit the order again as it was trapped in your system BUT for exactly the same deal would now cost me £126.99 a month for the full works All Rounder up £20 more a month so he’s sent it back to executive complaints & so I appreciate you intervening on my behalf & WATCH THIS SPACE ???