cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know when EE TV will be available?

BeansOnToast79
Investigator
Investigator

The 'My EE' page says I need to call to add this; I called a few weeks back and told to call in a couple of days, called back today to be told (after 30 mins) that it's "Not yet available" but they'll call me at some random time in the future when it might be. Still took the opportunity to check if they could upsell other services though!

20 REPLIES 20
FIZZYLP
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @BeansOnToast79 

EE TV is already available and has replaced BT TV, more guidance can be found HERE.

Hope this helps!  If you like my reply and want to say thanks for the helpful answer then please click on the Kudos on left hand side  also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 

Sure but that page tells me I need to speak to someone to add this and when I speak to them they say it's not available yet and they don't know when it will be. 

EE either needs to let their call centre staff know the issue, or how to add it, or update the web page to give correct ("coming soon") advice. 

The last call I had with EE was half an hour ago and was advised it's not launched yet - despite what the web page says!

We still have a few issues with the ordering process for some existing (BT and EE) customers, depending on what services you currently have. We're working to fix them asap.

More info will be posted on here when it's known.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience and confusion.

OK, thanks for the clarification; it might be prudent to update the My EE notification to avoid irritating customers who have now signed a 24-month contract but can't add all the promised services and will otherwise need to call in.

It might also be worth clarifying, I swapped to EE Broadband from the old BT service being told I'd be able to add this but that it wasn't possible at the time; I get that issues happen but the communication has not been the best on this.

This exact same thing happened to me and they are still saying I can’t add it ! I want to know ASAP otherwise I will be cancelling the broadband in the cooling off period ! It can’t be that hard as it’s just rebranded BTTV isn’t it ???

The issue isn't with the service - it's with the systems that allow you to order it.

They're working as fast as they can.

Fuseonic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@DarrenDev Updating the website whilst the ordering issues are being worked through shouldn't take a long while though. Thats all we are asking for. I was told when I first called back in December that the website was being updated whilst they were on the phone to me to inform people the launch was delayed. Yet it still tells me to call up to upgrade.

If you have built your website in such a way you can't update content on it easily then you have bigger problems. I'm a software engineer so I know what can go wrong with a product launch and if you need to roll something back, its how you deal with it that makes the difference.

Cameron145
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I ended up just recontracting with sky stream. We still can’t order it 6 weeks after launching the product and you get a different story every time you phone them