cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ee tv subscription not found

Jodavies98
Investigator
Investigator

I have recently switched my broadband and tv provider to BT, I have managed to get everything to work and setup fine (Netflix, NOW, discovery+) except I am unable to watch on my android devices on the go. I don't have a mobile with BT or EE and when I login it's fine, I just can't go any further than seeing what is available as everytime I tap to watch something it says 'subscription not found'

I have contacted ee about this but they where next to useless. Please can someone help, I just want to be able to watch stuff on my phone or tablet. 

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Weerab2024
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

If you mean watching through the EE TV app, you can't watch the channels directly through the app.

You need the separate apps and watch the live channels through that e.g. Now TV app for the subscription channels, Iplayer app for BBC, Itvx for Itv, channel four app for channel four channels and my5 app for channel five channels etc. 

For cbs channels the watch free app for catch up but they don't have live streams for their channels. 

BT TV Pro, EE mini box, Full Fibre 500

That's great thanks, but what about when I try to favourite/download or record something, the same message appears.

I don't believe you can watch recordings through a mobile device.

With downloads, if you mean purchases make sure you have logged into the app with the correct details by going into settings 

To watch a recording it will have to be your main TV Pro box that you will need to watch your recordings on 

So I won't be able to record a show thru my phone app while I'm out  and watch when I return home or favourite something to watch at home either? 

Setting recordings through the app shouldn't be reminding you of your account issue, as that doesn't require any subscription. What device are you using?

For the login issue itself though, you need to make sure your BT ID is set up correctly and you have account holder rights on it. Check out this article:

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/bt-tv-app/general/problems-logging-in-to-the-bt-tv-app-and-...

I'm using a Samsung s21fe

Could you please let me know how you're trying to set the recording? There shouldn't be anywhere in the app that shows the subscription message when setting recordings.