cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery + activation

Mol72
Investigator
Investigator

I have just switched from Sky to EE.  I have managed to activate or log in to almost everything except Discovery+.  My email is the same as used for Sky so when trying to activate it tells me I don’t have the correct subscription.  After doing chat with D+ they say I have to fill out a form to have my email deleted which can take between 10-30 days!  Surely I can’t be the first and only person to have switched providers with the same email. It’s very frustrating as it’s the app I use the most and was how I chose EE.  How can I get D+ to activate quicker and has anyone else had this problem?  Very frustaralso that you can only contact EE by phone!

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mol72 

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you've had this problem registering for discovery+. I know that you've spoken to discovery directly, who may have a better idea of what the problem is, but I just wanted to make sure you're following this discovery+ through EE link, then selecting 'already have an account'. Could you try that please?

Chris

DarrenDev
EE Employee

Just to add to what @Christopher_G has said - it's perfectly possible to reuse your same login.  When you follow the EE activation process, they'll be added as a billing provider to your existing account.  discovery+ will then recognise the entitlement provided by your EE TV subscription.

Mol72
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reply.  I’m probably being really dumb but when I click that lick it takes me to BT (I know the same company) but it will not recognise my EE login.  The opening page does not have an already have an account option.  When I log into  EE and press the activate Discovery+ it says loading for a while and then refreshes the page back to the activate option.

Have got through the BT page now but every time I hit the activate it says loading and after about 30 seconds just goes back to activate 😡

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Mol72

Thanks for keeping us updated. 

Are you connected to WiFi when doing this?

Do you see any error messages or does it just go back to the activation page?

Speak soon, 

Katie

I have the same problem, I have been told it has to be resolved by the offline team. I was transferred from BT to EE as part of the change related to service upgrade I requested and they asked me for an alternative email. I now have an account with EE instead of BT with the new email and my Discovery plus account was linked to the old one from BT, now the initially account that had activated and working well on BT doesn't work anymore and for EE need to reactivate it. When I follow all the steps it seems I'm going in circles similar to what you describe. 

Had same feedback now I need to wait until next week to be contacted for a resolution... Will missed some of the stuff I wanted to watch until its resolved while I'm still paying.