cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT/EE TV box

SAT8
Investigator
Investigator

I have just been changed from BT to EE TV which is all good. I have all my old recordings and I was able to schedule recordings etc. However since the changeover the service has been glitchy (no info showing in EPG, you view logo showing but not actually moving from thsis screen, no recordings showing one day) so have had to factory reset without deleting recordings a couple of times. It seems to work OK now but main issue is I've tried to schedule recordings from mobile EE TV app but it doesnt record and they have a pending message. I'm scheduled to record something today direct from the remote and that doesn't show on the app. Amy advice as to what I can do to sync the mobile and box? I have an android Samsung mobile. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey Darren you were right. They just took a few mins to get to the box. But all working now thank you. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DarrenDev
EE Employee

Sorry for the very slow response - I missed this post when I was on holiday.

Factory resetting your box causes it to generate itself a new ID.  Unfortunately, the app doesn't have any way of knowing that you've reset your box, so it continues trying to send recordings to your box with its old ID.  You'll therefore need to pair the app with your box again to pick up the change.

From the My TV tab in the app, select Settings, and then tap where it says "Paired" - it'll show you the option to un-pair.  Once you've selected this, you'll then be able to pair with your box again, and all future requests should then succeed.

Hi Darren 

Thanks for coming back. Unfortunately that hasn't worked. I've unpaired and paired and any recordings I try and add from the app sits in the history tab and says pending. Any ideas? The Customer service team sent me a new box as they said this would help. But still not working. I can only record from the remote.  😞

DarrenDev
EE Employee

If you have a new box then you would need to have unpaired and then paired again with that new one.  Have you done that?

Also, recordings don't get sent to your box immediately - they can take a few minutes to get there.

Hey Darren you were right. They just took a few mins to get to the box. But all working now thank you.