cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAM ALERT & ASKING FOR SUPPORT

MobileMan16
Visitor

I wanted to alert the community about what I believe is a scam originating from an 0161 number. I have received a call from an 0161 Manchester based number. I answered as I'm in talks with some insurance companies over damage to my car. The call when answered, sounded like people were ready to speak but it came across like a pocket dial. After saying "hello, hello, hello" several times, the call cuts out. DO NOT CALL BACK - I called back and after 2 minutes of being on the line again, I have been charged £5.74 of extra charges. I'd like to report the below number and ask for these charges to be voided as they were not intentional and not my fault 

I'd like to add I am unable to check if it definitely originates from this line as EE as usual isn't able to load usage amounts etc with errors. I am pretty sure though as I have done nothing else on my phone that would charge me 

Screenshot 2023-11-20 202249.png

The full number is: 

0161 532 4125 

I look forward to a reply from EE and urge anybody else to not answer this call and certainly not call it back. 

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MobileMan16 

Welcome to the community.

That number looks like a landline number, I'm not sure why you would be charged for that. I recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team so they can look into this for you.

Chris