cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail transactions

Brown8123
Visitor

Anyone have the partnership card with john lewis.I cannot make any transactions without approval needed.Im not getting notified so have to leave the retailers page completely to approve transactions.

I dont own a computer 

Currently got a case open with the ombudsman.

How can i make purchases using my phone.

Very frustrating 

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you have an issue with receiving OTPs, you should take this up with John Lewis - presumably by having a case with the Ombudsman you have already done this.

The only way this would be an issue with EE's mobile service is if you're having problems receiving text messages. Are you?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

John Lewis Credit Card sent out an email about 2-3 weeks ago:

New security features to protect your account

Good news. Your Partnership Credit Card account is about to become even more secure.

We're introducing new technology when you shop online, to help us identify it’s really you and not a fraudster pretending to be you. As well as sometimes asking you to enter a one-time passcode, we may also ask you to complete your email address for extra security.

When they do so they ask you to verify using their app, which you should be able to switch to & back from the retailer's page on your phone.

Having said that they don't seem to bother for most of my long-standing retailers, like Amazon.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

If you have used the JL mobile app for any purpose, then you are forced into using it for all verification purposes. If you stop using it, then you are reverted to SMS-based verifications after a 3month period.

Having said that, this is a JL-app issue and nothing to do with EE's role as mobile network operator.