cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Calls from companies I’ve never heard of

Nzsheead
Explorer

Over the past couple of weeks I’ve been getting calls from genuine companies (Cafes,restaurants,garages etc) that I have never been in contact with/been to. They are from all over the UK and they don’t seem to be scam calls. I don’t know how they are getting my number but I get 2-3 calls a day.

could somewhere be sharing my number or could it have been duplicated or something?

23 REPLIES 23

Exactly the same - how very strange.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Have you received any more calls @sidwalsh1?

James

PENZ1
Visitor

ive been having the SAME PROBLEM these past days. Hairdressers, takeaways, hotels calling. None of them in my area. Something IS UP 🤔

Leanne_T

Hi @PENZ1 

I'm sorry to hear you're receiving these calls.

Please see Avoid unwanted texts or calls for some helpful tips.

Leanne. 

Hi 

I have been getting these calls for about three weeks now, all from landlines, all small businesses in the UK.   I don't answer them now but I did with the initial calls and they immediately hung up.    

Having done some investigation all the numbers are 'genuine' but the owners have no recollection of calling me.

I have just spoken to BT Mobile ( EE provide the service) and they are puzzled to why I am getting these calls.   Either the numbers are being 'cloned' for phishing, that is, if you call back it is charged at a premium rate or they are robot calls to see if the number is live or there is a glitch somewhere ( o2 users are reporting the same issue).

This needs to be investigated further.     I don't want to change my number  but the calls are getting really annoying.   Blocking apps are not an option for me.

James_B

Hi @PENZ1,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If the genuine owners of the numbers haven't called you, this is likely to be a case of number spoofing.

You can find out more in Call spoofing - The EE Community.

James

Me too, exact same thing 

I have been having this problem too! So good to know it isn’t just me!! I was called from a restaurant in reading and then Birmingham these last few days, then a small hairdresser in London this morning!….what is going on? Sorry to hear about all yours too! 

Me too! Have yours stopped now? 

Catrabbit
Visitor

I've been experiencing the same issue for the last few weeks.  Missed calls from different types of businesses through out the UK. A Google search regarding this issue brought me to here. I have myself experienced my own mobile number being spoofed, so I am guessing this is the same type of issue going on here. Very annoying