cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about a text I don't recall sending

PyrieDog
Explorer

This morning I received a query from a friend in Europe about a text I supposedly sent her 20 minutes previous where I supposedly said "Happy Birthday <firstname> <lastname>" (name removed) to her phone, mentioning her young daughters name. Well the birthday was in October.  I've only ever used names in google gmail and google chat, names are not stored anywhere.

There is nothing in my mobile text history to indicate I sent anything and I know I didn't. 

Are there any other logs on my mobile that could indicate what could have sent a personal text? There is nothing in "Usage History" to indicate an app used SMS other than Galaxy Buds (haven't used) and SMS (didn't use).

Any advice appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @PyrieDog 

Welcome to the community.

Was it definitely received as a text message? If you go back to your messages in October, was the message sent then?

Chris

Thanks for the reply.

I received an email screenshot of her texts received from me and our last communication before today, was in October. The problem text is dated today (dates in Finnish words), but relating to the child's birthday, which was in October. Perhaps i sent that in October,  I dont remember, but not today.

I always clear texts soon after receiving them so cannot verify.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

The only thing I can think of is that the original message that you (maybe) sent in October got stuck in the message centre, between being sent from your phone and received by hers, @PyrieDog. It's difficult to say what eventually made the message go through, since the record has been deleted from your phone, but, if the message was showing as 'sent' on your phone, it's likely to be something network related on their end that eventually allowed it to go through.

Chris