cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New website PUK code issue

Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I need to get my PUK code as I've blocked my SIM but every single answer refers to the old ee website - there appears to be no up to date info on where to get your PUK code.

I have tried these answers  "Menu > Account Settings > Unlock your SIM."

and

"Go to Menu >Manage device, scroll down to Unblock SIM (PUK code) select Show PUK code"

Neither of these are options in the new website layout, please help as I'm out of hours with the chat and don't have another phone I can use to call EE, cheers

26 REPLIES 26
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @5568

Thanks for flagging this with us, I will pass this to the relevant team tog et this information updated.

Since your post have you been able to locate your PUK code?

Katie

No I haven't - please help! It's urgent and I cannot find the PUK code anywhere. Thanks Katie

@5568   On the Home Screen just below the image of the device you are using it says MANAGE THIS DEVICE in green, click it.  Then scroll down and you’ll find 

IMG_0636.jpeg

just below this is your PUK code.  

Hi Chris, thanks for this - the image you shared is what I saw last month (when I did the same thing incredibly...) but since I've updated the app, there is no "manage your device" or "unlock your SIM" option... neither is there on the new layout of the EE website. The only unlocking option is to unlock your SIM to use on other networks, it doesn't give me the PUK

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @5568 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hey, thanks for your answer - I've logged in to both - this is the Home Screen I see on the ee website - nowhere does it say 'manage device' or 'unlock device' (unless you have a new sim you want to register...).

I'm including screenshots of what I see here as this is driving me crazy and I still have no way of contacting ee directly.

When I log in it shows me three options:

Billing & Payments

Plans & Subscriptions

Orders

I have been through every submenu on each of those three options and cannot find anywhere you can get your PUK code.  Under Plans & Subscriptions you have lots of options (see screenshot) to unlock your phone (to use on another network), register a new SIM, report your phone stolen etc but I can find none of them that refer to the PUK code in any way. There is no 'account settings' in the menu like there used to be where you could easily get your PUK code (there's just 'Home' in the menu which shows you the three options written above) . 

I'm so grateful for people's help with this - let me know any ideas, perhaps I'm being completely dumb... 

Cheers. 

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 11.05.50.pngScreenshot 2023-07-09 at 11.05.17.pngScreenshot 2023-07-09 at 11.05.13.pngScreenshot 2023-07-09 at 11.05.03.png

Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone, after 20 minutes on hold to the free ee Skype number @Northerner included in their message (thanks for that), I got through to a very helpful person who gave me my PUK code. She said she has already had a number of people calling them about this issue with the help advice on the website being out of date.

Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

Good luck!

@5568   I’ve just looked at my online account via a tablet and yes it’s totally fudged up.    If you use a web browser from your phone go to your online account and make sure you’ve set this to desktop you’ll then see the what I’ve posted above.    EE have messed something up and trying  view your account online vis a PC/tablet doesn’t get you to the desktop version.    

EE what have you done.  

Edit I’ve just got it to work correctly.   Change it to mobile version then change it back to desktop version and it show correctly. 

Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @Chris_B and everyone, before I saw your message and after 20 minutes on hold to the free ee Skype number @Northerner included in their message (thanks for that), I got through to a very helpful person who gave me my PUK code. She said she has already had a number of people calling them about this issue with the help advice on the website being out of date, hopefully they'll fix it soon...

Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

Good luck!