cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam text please help

tigertoes0785
Contributor
Contributor

I received a text from EE asking me to click on a link https://discover.ee.co.uk/ XmasAdvent_Calendar/N5x1u4 asking me to simply update my marketing preferences and the chance to win one of thousands of vouchers. 

I didn’t click on the link but typed it in on my iPad it asked for my mobile number to verify I was an ee customer, which I did and got a OTP code I entered and it came up with a form asking my name and something else I can’t remember as I panicked and closed the window down. I didn’t want to put my number in again Is this a scam does anyone know I’m 67 years old and am really panicking they will have somehow got into my account now. Can anyone help please and thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tigertoes0785,

Don't worry, that's a genuine message from EE.

James

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
James_B

Hi @tigertoes0785,

Don't worry, that's a genuine message from EE.

James

HJW5
Visitor

I got similar message and had same worry. Perhaps EE could reassure us some other way Instead of sending text messages with links. We have been trained not to click on links!

Exactly I would not click on the link I went online and it asked for my mobile which I thought well you must know that I did put that in then another form asked for my name etc so I closed it down .

Anne

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

viviy
Visitor

I have had the same message I thought it was genuine and got the OPT code but I then couldnt get back to the screen to enter the code and have now been told that I have had the maximum number of codes so can't finish to enter the giveaway.

How do I finish to enter or who do I need to contact. Can this be done on line 

Viv

James_B

Hi @viviy,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What is the full error message you see after entering the latest OTP code you received?

James

Hi, I had the same issue as Viviy,

" been told that I have had the maximum number of codes so can't finish to enter the giveaway."

How do I complete the process?

This is the message I get on screen: CODE MAX LIMIT REACHED.

Thanks

Leanne_T

Hi @Suraya1 

Did you receive a text and followed the link within the text? 

Could you try opening the link in another browser to see if this works for you? 

Leanne.

Hi, yes, I have tried on both Chrome & Edge - no luck.
Thanks
Suraya
Leanne_T

Hi @Suraya1 

I have sent you a message for some details 🙂

Leanne.