Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim Activation issue

JasonLFC
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

So I was setting up my parents new iphone and it popped up asking if I wanted to transfer their EE physical sim card to an eSim, so I went ahead and did this with no issues.

I previously had issues with my sim so decided I’d set this up on my phone. I selected the option via the MyEE app, it said it was activating and sent me a code and deactivated my physical sim card. The process then failed and wanted me to start over, the issue is I cannot receive another code.

I contacted support who want to send out a QR pack, is there another way of doing this quicker?

I appreciate people recycle passwords and would be easy for someone to take over an account, but if there’s an option to download an eSim instantly then it should give another way of verification (I verified with the advisor on live chat using questions but still couldn’t be activated).

So now I’m stuck with no way of making/receiving calls, any help would be appreciated but I’m guessing a trip to a store with my ID may be the quickest solution unfortunately.

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @JasonLFC

Welcome to the community. 

If you require your SIM now I would recommend visiting your local EE store and requesting a replacement eSIM. 

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie,

I got sorted this morning by a very helpful & patient advisor called Vikash. 

The solution was as simple as removing the physical SIM card then it was able to activate the eSim instantly.

A few things would be useful:

- The physical sim card does not deactivate until it receives confirmation that the eSim can be activated
- A message stating that the physical sim card needs to be removed first.

If both points are already stated somewhere then apologies :). 

Thanks

Jason

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Its great to hear this is now resolved, thanks for letting us know @JasonLFC

Katie 🙂