Which number?

BoyJohn
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Embarrassingly stupid question, but in the first stage of porting my old number to my new SIM, the form asks you to enter your phone number. Do you enter the number you want to keep (i.e., your old number), or do you enter the temporary number of the new SIM that you're calling from?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BoyJohn
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The tech people were brilliant and very patient. All sorted now

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
FIZZYLP
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @BoyJohn 

Pac-Code are related to your favoured number (the number you wish to keep)

See this EE Help Page for more guidance.

Hope this helps!  If you like my reply and want to say thanks for the helpful answer then please click on the Kudos on left hand side  also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You enter the EE temp. no. As @FIZZYLP points out the PAC defines the no. you want to keep.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
BoyJohn
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you both for your help.

I had assumed that was the case, but when I entered the PAC code, I got a red message asking me to check the format of the PAC.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Afternoon @BoyJohn 

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

Did you provide the PAC when you placed the order? 

Leanne.

BoyJohn
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

No, Leanne, I didn't.

Is that the problem? Should I phone 150 and ask someone?

Leanne_T

Hi @BoyJohn 

Which network are you transferring from? 

Is the PAC still valid? 

Leanne. 

BoyJohn
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The PAC is still valid.

I'm actually transferring the number from an existing EE SIM, because it is locked to an old account of mine that I have lost access to. All attempts to free/transfer it have failed. Using a new SIM was the only way I could think of. I was going to port it via Giffgaff, then to my new EE SIM, but that seemed a bit complicated!

Leanne_T

Hi @BoyJohn 

You are unable to transfer an existing EE pay monthly number to another pay monthly account. 

If the account was pay as you go, you would need to call us to transfer the number you don't need a PAC, this won't be accepted as this is EE and not another network PAC. 

Leanne.

BoyJohn
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Brilliant, Leanne, thanks