cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Does not work after transferring number to new iPhone,

LeeJohns
Explorer

I got a new iPhone and transferred the data to the new iPhone, i also transferred the number to this device. when i then put the SIM card in the new device it would not work (device is unlocked). i then reset the original phone, downloaded the back up for the phone, put the original SIM card back in the phone but the SIM does not register with the network, i have gone from having a working phone (the phone number still shows) to having a SIM that does not connect to the network no matter which device i put it in. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

You say "I transferred the number to this device" and "I then put the SIM in the new device".

Putting your working SIM in your new phone is how you transfer the number - it's the SIM which holds your number.

Do you have access to any other EE phones in your homoe, and do they have coverage showing?

I have EE wifi (dongle not broadband) and have coverage with that so not sure why my SIM has stopped working.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Does the dongle SIM work in either of your phones? And how about the phone SIMs in the dongle?

LeeJohns
Explorer

taken the SIM out of the dongle and it works on the phone, put my phone one in the dongle and it does not work. The phone SIM was working with no problems before i transferred the number to the new iPhone (the option i chose when changing phone so thought that may be the reason).

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LeeJohns 

Welcome to the community.

It may be worth having a chat with our technical support team so they check how everything is set up from our side.

Chris