cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM's not working

Nomad78
Explorer

Lost handset just over 2 weeks ago. I've since ordered 2 replacement SIM's, both which were delivered, but neither work. Following this, I've been to an EE store, where the staff member phoned the Contact Centre/Technical Support Team on my behalf. They confirmed on the 4th November that the SIM was showing as registered on the system and to allow 24 hours for this to work and activate. Didn't work within the specified time and then I further phoned the Technical Support Team on the 5th November, where they were unable to offer any solution or reason for it not working. Can someone confirm what I am to do now, or is this a bigger problem with EE Sims  not working for others?. I appear to be going around in circles with no end in sight to my problem. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is resolved now Katie, thanks. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Nomad78

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this is happening with your replacement SIM. 

When you last spoke with our technical care team was a ticket raised regarding this?

Katie

This is resolved now Katie, thanks. 

Katie_B

That's great to hear @Nomad78

Thanks for letting me know. 

Katie 🙂

How was this resolved please?

Tics29
Explorer

I am still waiting for them to activate my replacement sim, Ive been in contact with them way too much for it to still show my sim is not activated, I’ve seen this has been a raised issue with a lot of people 

this needs to be sorted ASAP, I need ee to activate my sim

I had to go into an EE store in the end, with photo ID they done it there and then in store for me 

Ok thank you, I will try tomorrow morning, hopefully it works if not then I don’t know what else to do 

Obieee91
Visitor

How long does a replacement sim take to activate? I called the helpline and they said it was scheduled for 5pm. 8pm and still nothing, need this phone for work

Katie_B

Hi @Obieee91

It can take up to 24 hours for your SIM to activate.

Since your post has your SIM activated?

Katie