cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: how Long does it take for a sim to start working when you keep your old numb

MarissaSulat
Explorer

Its been more than 24 hours since i apply for my  sim to keep the number.I badly needed the bank otp

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MarissaSulat : It takes 1 working day from when you activate your EE SIM.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

When you first insert your EE SIM and connect it to the network, your PAC is submitted.

Assuming that is before approx 5pm on a working weekday, your port-in will then complete the following working day. If it is after approx 5pm or on a weekend, add an extra working day to the timescales.

Its been mire than 24 hours🥲
bristolian
Legend
Legend

When exactly did you submit your PAC?

EE-CS on 150 have access to your individual account and can advise on your specific port-in.

Around 4 pm.yesturday
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

It's usually the next working day, @MarissaSulat. But it can take up until midnight. If you restart your phone this morning, has your number changed?

Chris