cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not registred to network

andrewb621
Investigator
Investigator

Similar experience. Getting “Unable to connect. Try later” error.

Very helpful lady on the Help Desk found that my SIM had been deactivated at 9.20pm last night (27th November), and an old one reinstated.

Seems like it might have been a system-wide change, after a batch of replacement SIMs went out deactivated (so never worked when received) but have now been switched on (thus deactivating any new SIMs associated with the same phone number).

Which doesn’t help, I know (unless you still have an old SIM — it might just work, today).

Only other solution offered was to request a new SIM. I’m sitting tight, for now, in case they manage to roll-back the activation/deactivation from last night.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andrewb621
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne

Yes, I have heard from the hard-working Mobile Guides. Sounds like they had quite a day, yesterday!

I did still have the old SIM (the one that did not work when I received it through the post in early November, but was activated three weeks later) — when I put it in my phone, it worked immediately.

But I then received a text telling me a new replacement SIM had been sent…transpires that this was (probably) an automated message triggered by the reinstatement of the old SIM.

So — boo to the system that messed up the SIM activation. Many, many thanks to the customer support/Help/Mobile Guides team!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @andrewb621 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Have you had an update from our mobile guides since you posted? 

Leanne.

andrewb621
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne

Yes, I have heard from the hard-working Mobile Guides. Sounds like they had quite a day, yesterday!

I did still have the old SIM (the one that did not work when I received it through the post in early November, but was activated three weeks later) — when I put it in my phone, it worked immediately.

But I then received a text telling me a new replacement SIM had been sent…transpires that this was (probably) an automated message triggered by the reinstatement of the old SIM.

So — boo to the system that messed up the SIM activation. Many, many thanks to the customer support/Help/Mobile Guides team!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks very much for coming back and letting us know @andrewb621 

Leanne 🙂