Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port and original SIM card number

Happy2Strum
Contributor
Contributor

I guess this is one for the mods but all comments are welcome

I ported my number to EE yesterday and everything is working fine with one little niggling exception.

My EE SIM card did of course come with it's own number but the number port was successful, the niggle is that when I go to "About Phone" it still reports the original SIM card number which of course is incorrect.

Also when I log on to my EE account online I can still see the original sim card number so it looks as though I have two lines when in fact I only have one.

Is it possible to delete the (now defunct) original SIM card numbers from either my phone or my account

9 REPLIES 9
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Happy2Strum 

Welcome back to the community 🙂

What device are you using? 

Do you have the option to change the number in the phone settings? 

Does the EE app show both numbers? 

Speak soon. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne.

I'm using a Nokia 7Plus.

No, unfortunately not, I tried tapping on the SIM number in the hope that I would be able to edit it but no such luck.

Yes, the EE app shows the original SIM number and my actual (ported) number.

Thanks

Leanne_T

Thanks very much for trying @Happy2Strum 

In this case, please call us on 150 and our tech guides will get this looked into for you. 

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T 

As part of my job at the time, I used to be in touch with EE Business on an almost daily basis after replacing faulty SIM cards, the solution was always the same and it was always quick and simple, namely they would arrange for what they termed a "SIM update message" to be sent over the air, one quick restart later and the problem was resolved.
Is it possible for you to arrange this for me please.

Leanne_T

Hi @Happy2Strum 

Sorry we have no account access on the community. 

To get this looked into, please give us a call on 150, the team will be happy to help.

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T 

In between trying to earn himself some commission by selling me broadband I'm pretty sure the guy I spoke to did his best but, even though I selected technical help, it's pretty obvious that he's not technical and was just working from a script.

At one stage he told me that he was escalating it to level 2 tech support and made approving noises when he saw who picked it up. He then terminated the call and I received a text message to say the case had been closed.

My experience with EE so far hasn't been impressive but the positives are that things can only get better (???)

Leanne_T

Hi @Happy2Strum 

I am very sorry to hear this, was this today when you called regarding the number showing incorrect?

Leanne.

That's correct yes.

I have no problem with the person I spoke to, I just feel as if I'm banging my head against a very hard wall trying to resolve something which I know from previous experience to be an easy fix

Leanne_T

I understand, thanks for coming back to me @Happy2Strum 

If you could try us again when you get the chance, the guide will look into getting this sorted for you 🙂

Leanne.