New user

phil-44
Investigator
Investigator

I am new to EE having transferred from Plusnet Mobile. We have two phones (Wife & Self) and I oprdered two Sim cards.  The Sims have arrived but they do not indicate which is which. How can I find out...  I have tried checking the Sim cards order numbers but they are not recognised on EE website order checker.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone, I have finally spoken to a Dan ****** at EE and he has sorted out my issue at last. It has been a very frustrating and tiresome experience that could have been avoided by a very simple inclusion of information in the beginning.. I am relieved that it's  done.

[mod edit: employee details removed from the forum]

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @phil-44 

Welcome to EE and our community.

Were both phones that you ordered the same? Is there anything on the paperwork to say which SIM belongs with which IMEI number (unique to the phone)?

Chris

Both phones are Samsung but not the same model. No there is nothing on the
paperwork or the Sim cards to differentiate them.
Christopher_G

OK, thanks @phil-44 

If you speak to our Mobile Care team, they'll be able to check the SIMs and match them with the correct phones.

Chris

My orders were SIM only on Pay monthly.  Different packages for each phone and I had asked to retain the existing numbers . I provided PAC nos for each phone and was told that everything would be done so I had only to install the sim cards to be up and running ok.Sims that arrived  had completely different numbers and no indication as to which card fitted each phone. A "simple" task has become exactly the opposite. Not a very good EE First impression 

Leanne_T

Hi @phil-44 

One the SIM cards are installed and activated on the EE network, the number transfer will take place the next working day and you can text NUMBER to 150 to check which number is on each SIM. 

You can also call us and the team can check which SIM is registered which number 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks Leanne.  I installed one of the cards 3 days ago and the number has not yet been ported over, despite it having supposed to have been already done.  once that is done I will contact EE by phone to see what can be sorted. I don't  want to change  the sim in our other phone until  mine is done as we could  lose both our numbers. None of this needed to have happened if I had known which sim was for which phone in the first place. Surely it could have been included on the delivery paperwork.

Leanne_T

Hi @phil-44 

I appreciate the feedback and I am sorry this was not clear for you. 

If you would like to get the transfer looked into and find out when this will complete, please give us a call on 150 the team are available until 8pm. 

Leanne.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear... what a fiasco. I tried to call on 150 and it was
a case of pressing numbers for different enquiries. What followed was
completely irrelevant. I JUST NEED3D TO TALK TO AN ADVISOR SO WHY NOT THE
OPTION OF DOING THAT WITHOUT ALL THE EXTRA RIGMAROLE OF TEXT MESSAGES ETC..
ALL IT DOES IS MAKE IT MORE COMPLICATED. I AM STILL IN LIMBO WITH NOTHING
SORTED.
Christopher_G

If you follow the options for Technical Support, you should get the option to speak to someone or to arrange a call back, @phil-44 

Chris