cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim not working

Astravxr
Visitor

Hi please can someone help I have got a new sim to put into an older phone of my partners and its saying sim not provisioned for voice? 

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @Astravxr 

It sounds like the SIM is expired. 

Is the SIM PAYG?

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

How and where did you obtain this new SIM?

OldSchoolTech
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

hi @Astravxr 

i repair older phones as a hobby.. there can be many issues with SIM cards in older phones.

My advice is to post make and model of phone here, so we can get an idea of how to correctly insert SIM (and what type it uses). according to @Alex_S SIM cards go into "hibernation" mode, if there is no activity on them, since your SIM is new, you probably just need to activate it correctly.. EE give a helpful guide here:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/activate-a-new-sim/how-do-i-activate-an... 

some tricks to try:

1. Update android system (assuming you're getting a network signal)
  2. Enable and Disable Airplane Mode. ...
  3. Restart Your Phone. ...
  4. Correctly Insert SIM Card. ... (or re-insert it, so it "sits" properly in SIM tray)
  5. Activate Your SIM Card. ...
  6. Contact Network Provider. ...

i've also seen SIMs start working after (simply) cleaning them (I use a drop of glass cleaner that dries fast and removes surface grease).

best wishes, Old School Tech