cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Phone Has Stopped Working. I have an old style Micro SIM (2FF)

EEKEEK
Visitor

My Phone Has Stopped Working. I have an old style Micro SIM (2FF) rather than the new style Nano SIM (4FF).

Should I,

1. Buy a phone that can take the old style Micro SIM (2FF).

2. Buy a phone that can take the new style Nano SIM (4FF).

If 1. will EE still support 4G data on my old style Micro SIM (2FF) and older model phone?

If 2. will EE send me a new style Nano SIM (4FF) for the same phone number? If so, how will I order it if my phone is not working? Also, how would I order it if my phone were working when there is no option on the press X, press Y menu to speak to a human being? 

So option 3. Do I need to do option 1. AND option 2: Buy a phone that can take the old style Micro SIM (2FF) so that I can talk to EE customer services and then buy a phone that can take the new style Nano SIM (4FF) after I have received a new style Nano SIM (4FF) ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@EEKEEK :

2. Take phone & old SIM into an EE shop with Photo ID & they'll transfer number, any SIM contacts & credit if applicable to a replacement SIM of correct size for free or order a replacement SIM online at Order a replacement SIM for £1.50 or phone CS for one. It will come as a Combi-SIM with all 3 sizes as push-outs.

You can only use the online form when you just need a different sized SIM for a new phone.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

All current EE SIMs are of the pop-out variety where you simply cut-out the relevant size for the phone you're using it in.

You can order replacement SIMs vis CS on 150, in an EE store with the relevant photo-ID or at https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/getting-started/sim/what-is-a-sim-swap 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@EEKEEK :

2. Take phone & old SIM into an EE shop with Photo ID & they'll transfer number, any SIM contacts & credit if applicable to a replacement SIM of correct size for free or order a replacement SIM online at Order a replacement SIM for £1.50 or phone CS for one. It will come as a Combi-SIM with all 3 sizes as push-outs.

You can only use the online form when you just need a different sized SIM for a new phone.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)