cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE bungles everything

Quietjonas
Investigator
Investigator

I transferred two numbers in to EE from BT, as part of the BT restructuring.  I staggered the two numbers as I did not want a total blackout.  To begin with, when I transferred my number everything was fine but then I transferred the wife's number on February 29th and everything went wrong.

When I made my first complaint on 2nd March, I also arranged to have their international roaming package applied to my number.  Again amazingly, on Monday 4th, when I left the country I discovered that they had applied the pack to my wife's temporary number. So I spent the next two hours, while traveling, trying to sort that out, but discovered on Tuesday 5th that they had done nothing.  Which is when I discovered that they had deleted my number. I spent the morning on the phone trying to sort this out, and was promised that I would not be charged for the Roaming package as it was their mistake, and it would take 72h to put our phone numbers right.  I was also promised that a manager would be in contact as soon as things were put right.  On Wednesday afternoon suddenly my number was back, and I had no notification from EE that this had happened, I discovered this by chance, though not everything works as I cannot send text messages.  It is now Friday 8th, and my wife's number still has not been updated, I checked my bill and I have been charged for the Roaming pack plus extra for when I was trying to sort their mistake out but was not on their package.  I am stunned at how they function as a business.

I am waiting now for 'customer care' to open, fully expecting both to spend a few hours on the phone for them to finally tell me that it will be Tuesday next week before they can sort my wife's number as its the weekend when EE do not work.

5 REPLIES 5
Quietjonas
Investigator
Investigator

After 1h on the phone, I got some answers. The number had been marked as completed on Tuesday 5th March before my call to EE.  Despite being promised that they would resolve the problem my wife's number remained on the completed list until I called again today.  As predicted it will take 72h until it is put in place, but ooops there is a weekend coming up so that will be Tuesday or Wednesday evening before it is done.  So a total of 14 days to port a number.

My Roaming Abroad problem is being reviewed and I will be informed 'later' if they are going to change the charges.  Not holding my breath!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Quietjonas 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened and appreciate the update to let us know the team are getting the roaming charges looked into. 

Please let us know how you get on once the team get back in touch and how you get on next week with the number port. 

Leanne.

So I waited all day for the promised update on my roaming issue but no call came.  (Why am I surprised) 

Out of the blue, my wife received a text message informing her that her complaint had been closed.  No clue which complaint. So I'm back on the phone, asking if I could be told which complaint the message was about, but customer care was not interested in telling me.  What I was told was that I had been given a refund for the roaming charge.  No idea if it was the whole amount (roaming charge + extra roaming charge to sort the roaming charge out) or only part.  I could tell that the person just wanted to pass me on to someone else, I mean who wants to deal with customers on a Friday evening?  This time I was passed to someone on the technical support line.  Finally, I get to talk to someone who can do something, and she does.  This is what she discovered: none of the agents that I had spoken to had given the correct code to the porting group, so the group could not do anything, which explains why things have gone the way they have.  Now I just have to sit back and wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to see if the porting happens or if we have to wait yet another week.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that, @Quietjonas. I hope the number is ported soon for you.

Please keep us posted here on what happens. 

Chris

Quietjonas
Investigator
Investigator

So in all this remember that I am on holiday in a foreign country trying to sort this out. I have been away a total of eight days and four of those days I have spent time trying to wrestle EE to do what they have promised to do and failed.

Today I returned early from my day out to make sure I was available. I waited one and a half hours for the promised call from EE but the phone has not rung. They were going to call me with an update, but guess what? I'm going to have to call them again!

The agent I spoke to got a pac code and tried to do the porting himself, predictably it did not work.  I then got a message that the tech team was going to call, so I rang off only to be told that because I was speaking to a colleague, they would have sorted the problem so my call was canceled.  I tried to send a text message in response but the EE package I am on will not let me send text messages, so I could not respond.  I called back to ask that the tech team call me because the agent had not been able to solve the problem.  I was assured that I would be the next person that the tech team would call.  Guess what? Almost two hours later I am back on the phone to them to work out what is going on.  Again, the answer is 'it will take 72 hours' so there is no point in trying to push or complain before then.  Just want I wanted yet another opportuity to spend time talking to EE.

So to be clear, I have waited for a total of 168 hours for the porting to happen, spent 4 hours on the phone, and over 1 hour using the EE messaging service, and spoken to eight agents all over 4 days.  What is the result, nothing, we are no nearer sorting this problem out and all I have been asked to do is wait another 72 hours which brings the total to 240 or ten days.!