cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from BT mobile to EE, what a challenge - and some questions...

Widely
Visitor

Hi.  First post, so go easy please.  As per title, as a BT Halo 3 and BT mobile customer, BT were encouraging me to move my mobile from BT mobile to EE.  Apparently, I could keep my number, I would still get double data and the contract would be only £7 a month, £3 less than with BT.  I was also told BT and EE are the same company, so they can communicate with each other.  And that EE is the best mobile service provider ever in the last 10 years.  Happy days - or so I thought.  

Issues:

1.  It took over 4 days for EE to get my number to work on their network - but of course they charged me from the day they posted the new SIM to me.  Yes, I know, it's only pennies but it's the principle.  They say 1 day and it's 4.  Of course, BT were also charging me at the same time.

2.  The £7 a month contract seemed like a good deal, except I just received the bill.  £14.  Go figure.  I wonder what next month's bill will be?  If it's £14 again, I will have to complain - I have it in writing that it's supposed to be £7 a month.

3.  With BT mobile, I could receive picture messages on my Moto phone.  With EE I cannot.  I get a text from "EEMMS" with a link I have to use.  Why, when using the same phone, is functionality so limited on the EE network?

4.  With BT mobile, I could receive picture messages for free.  With EE I have to pay.  Why is this?

5.  With BT mobile, I could roam in the Republic of Ireland for free.  I am told I cannot do this with EE.  Why is this?  Where else will I have to pay to roam?  I now switch my phone off every time I venture out of Cheshire in case I get roaming charges in Shropshire and Lancashire...

6.  What other hidden charges are there on EE which were free on BT mobile?

So...why does EE have all these extra charges?  Any info, assistance or advice from the community gratefully received...TIA

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Widely :

3. For most phones, you can download the MMS settings needed for EE from the online set up tool , so you can receive MMS directly w/out being directed to EE's d/load site.

4. Receiving MMS (Picture Msgs) & SMS is free worldwide.

5. Roaming in RoI is included in your allowances w/out any extra roaming charges. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)