Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping my old number

M_Long
Visitor

Hi,

I am currently in the process of getting a new phone,
My current phone is under someone else's EE contract,

How would I go about keeping my old number and getting the new phone under a new contact?

Apologies if this has been previously covered,
Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@M_Long  The account holder that this is on has to call customer services and request a change of ownership.   It helps if you are present at that time because you have to accept this and also pass a credit check.    If you can not be present the account holder will be given a code that must then be given to you so when you call customer services you can give that code.    

If you take over the line you’ll have to wait around 3 months before you can upgrade even if you are eligible to upgrade now.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@M_Long  The account holder that this is on has to call customer services and request a change of ownership.   It helps if you are present at that time because you have to accept this and also pass a credit check.    If you can not be present the account holder will be given a code that must then be given to you so when you call customer services you can give that code.    

If you take over the line you’ll have to wait around 3 months before you can upgrade even if you are eligible to upgrade now.