cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did I have to pay twice to set up my SIM only plan?

Brennandinho
Investigator
Investigator

I went online and ordered a SIM and bought the £20 bundle and paid and SIM sent. When I went to activate it it said I had no balance so paid another £18 when I set up my DD. Am I missing something here? Only place I know where to ask since joing EE. I've paid £38 for £20 bundle so far and the app and website keeps saying I have no data etc. What's going on or is it me? Thanks for any help as I'm baffled. 

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Could your credit have bought your Pack?

What does texting AL to 150 from it fully report verbatim (it is free)?

You are not paying for PAYG with a Direct Debit. It's a continuous Direct Card Payment against your bank card.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Your current balance as of today 22:32 is £10.00. You have unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 69.6GB remaining until 12/12/2022 for your £20 Pack. Your remaining data includes of rolled over data. Your last top up was £10.00 on 11/11/2022 at 22:30. For more info on your packs, add-ons or free boosts, go to MyEE. ee.co.uk/myee

For info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/textservices

That is what it says verbatim. (got 70gb for price of  30gb) so showing the two dates I made the deposits. The £10 is the bonus and would still only account for £30 of the nearly £40 I've spent. (£2 discount for setting up recurring payments) 

Brennandinho
Investigator
Investigator

No reply on posting the info asked for. Still none the wiser. Is this how you have to get customer service here on EE? 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Sorry to hear this, @Brennandinho.

I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care team so they can see where this credit has gone. You should of only needed to pay £20 for the pack.

Jon

Brennandinho
Investigator
Investigator

Dude they don't make it easy to contact them but thank you for your help.