cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Number Topped Up Old number

stevebell84
Visitor

Hello,

I recently changed my number, I bought a new sim and updated the number in my EE account. Then I topped it up but the money went onto my old sim??? 

I found this by sitting on the phone to customer service for over an hour. 

My question is, will this update itself or will the top up transfer over to the new number ahhh help @Everyone 

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@stevebell84  You should of created a new EE account. Your old number is has its own account and you topped that up. A new PAYG number means a new account and you can not change the number on it as that’s the account. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

PAYG credit is not transferable.

You may have created a new a/c for your new no. within your MyEE but you forgot to switch to it before topping-up. In the Menu there is a "Switch A/c" drop-down.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)