cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top up question!

JBNC
Explorer

Hi, I added an E Sim when I used my American Apple phone when I visited the UK.  I took out a 30 day subscription as that was all I needed. It was unlimited text and calls and some data.  I am visiting again soon and I would like to top up.  If I add money via Top Up, does that give me just phone calls, text and data but at standard rates?  I can see under 'your allowances' I can add data for 30 days, but is that just data or include calls and texts?  If I click, 'data, minutes or text' - from you allowances - they all shows as data add ons, not calls or texts.  I am not sure if to 'top up' 'add on' or both.

My ideal is 30 days of calls and texts and some data - I won't be using the phone a lot for calls, mainly for emergencies, the odd text and Apple Maps when driving.  The rest will be WiFi.  I don't mind changing my number, so is it best to start again on a new esim? Or top up what I have?  Any advice is appreciated!  Many thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you top up enough, it will buy the same pack as before. If you don't top up enough for the pack you may use the SIM for calls & texts but not data as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates paid for out of your standing PAYG credit balance.

However, When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You can't have an eSIM on PAYG.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If you top up enough, it will buy the same pack as before. If you don't top up enough for the pack you may use the SIM for calls & texts but not data as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates paid for out of your standing PAYG credit balance.

However, When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-chargeable use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You can't have an eSIM on PAYG.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
JBNC
Explorer

Thanks so much! I would be around 7 months since I last did a chargeable action.  

Then your SIM has gone into hibernation & you would need to call CS to get it reactivated.