cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM has initiated Call Forwarding that cannot be turned off on phone

Matriarch
Investigator
Investigator

I have recently bought a very basic Artfone for my elderly Mother on a PAYG EE network SIM. With no known reason the phone has ceased to make calls or send texts. The calls immediately state that Call Forwarding is on. Call Forwarding has not been set on the phone and cannot be turned off on the phone - an "Incomplete" notification is given. The forwarding number is given as 4479731022. Setting the phone back to factory settings has no effect.

I have spoken with the Artfone seller and they have said this is an EE setting. Please help as this is literally a lifeline for my Mother.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Matriarch
Investigator
Investigator

Thank you Katie,

I have just had a response from RWG Mobile Support as follows:

Your SIM was in a restricted state.

You must make an outbound call or text in any 90-day period for your SIM to remain active. If you don't do this, the SIM will enter a restricted state which means you will only be able to receive inbound calls and texts. If this happens you can contact our customer service team to reactivate the SIM.

We have reactivated the SIM for you.

It is now working. Excellent and quick response from RWG.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Matriarch

Welcome to the community. 

Please could you confirm if you have tried the SIM in another device to see if the issue continues?

If it does, are you able to switch call forwarding off from the other device/

Katie

Matriarch
Investigator
Investigator

Thank you Katie,

I have just had a response from RWG Mobile Support as follows:

Your SIM was in a restricted state.

You must make an outbound call or text in any 90-day period for your SIM to remain active. If you don't do this, the SIM will enter a restricted state which means you will only be able to receive inbound calls and texts. If this happens you can contact our customer service team to reactivate the SIM.

We have reactivated the SIM for you.

It is now working. Excellent and quick response from RWG.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for letting us know @Matriarch 

Leanne 🙂