cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reusing a Sim card

samway
Explorer

Hi to anyone out there. Wondering if anyone can give me some information. 

I live in North America and was in the UK in May. 
I bought an EE SIM card pay as you go which was only good for a couple weeks.
I am now going to Greece in a couple weeks and am wondering if I can use the same SIM card while there.
Is there some way to top this up with 10 GB and pay a fee, but not wanting a continual subscription as only needing it for two weeks. I also see now that one would have to buy a roaming package to use in Greece. 
Am I able to get data on this SIM card again and use once I arrive in Greece or is this not feasible and there is a more efficient card to get once arriving there. 
Because the help line is in UK, Not efficient for me to call there. Or perhaps someone has an email I can contact customer service through?
Thanks to anyone that can help.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@samway : 

1. ACTIVE: As PAYG SIMs don't go into hibernation & thus be deactivated until after 6 months of non-chargeable use, you should be able to continue using it.
  2. TOP-UP: Use 1 of the methods found in Top up your phone.
  3. PACKS: Once topped-up text ALL PACKS to 150 & choose & buy 1.
  4. EU USE: To use your pack allowances in the EU on PAYG there are roaming charges of either £2.50 / day, by texting ROAMEU1D to 150, or £10 / week, by texting ROAMEU7D to 150, to be taken only from your PAYG credit, not your recurring card payment. You will receive a msg upon arrival telling you about the charges for roaming in EU. If you opt to text neither or you don't have an active pack, you will be paying standard rates for calls & texts & need to buy a PAYG add-on for data.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@samway : 

1. ACTIVE: As PAYG SIMs don't go into hibernation & thus be deactivated until after 6 months of non-chargeable use, you should be able to continue using it.
  2. TOP-UP: Use 1 of the methods found in Top up your phone.
  3. PACKS: Once topped-up text ALL PACKS to 150 & choose & buy 1.
  4. EU USE: To use your pack allowances in the EU on PAYG there are roaming charges of either £2.50 / day, by texting ROAMEU1D to 150, or £10 / week, by texting ROAMEU7D to 150, to be taken only from your PAYG credit, not your recurring card payment. You will receive a msg upon arrival telling you about the charges for roaming in EU. If you opt to text neither or you don't have an active pack, you will be paying standard rates for calls & texts & need to buy a PAYG add-on for data.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)