cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What is pay as you go and flex hibernation, and how do I stop it?

pixelpixie
Explorer

I have a number that certainly is inactive based on the criteria you mentioned (it's been a while since I've topped up), but it still shows up in my account. I didn't know the rules for inactivity, and since I saw it in my account, I topped off but now can't buy a pack (I'm traveling to the UK soon). Presumably, at the airport, I can add a new sim to my account so my top off funds aren't wasted? But if this number is still linked to me, it would be great to reactivate it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@pixelpixie : Even when your PAYG SIM has gone into hibernation it is not removed from your EE a/c. If it's been less than 9 months inactivity you might get it reactivated by phoning CS.

PAYG credit can't be refunded or transferred to another no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@pixelpixie  the top up finds you added where for that number not any new numbers you might add to your account.  Depending on when you did last use it you might be able to get it reactivated. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@pixelpixie : Even when your PAYG SIM has gone into hibernation it is not removed from your EE a/c. If it's been less than 9 months inactivity you might get it reactivated by phoning CS.

PAYG credit can't be refunded or transferred to another no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I know it's been over 9 mos:( and that's pretty lousy they let you top up something you literally will never be able to use (and they know that) and won't refund. I would not have topped up if the number still didn't show up on my account or showed up as inactive/ineligible. I encountered no problems topping up (no warnings not to top up an inactive account), only when I tried to add a pack. I hope they will refund because this seems like something I can totally dispute with my card.