cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Packs

hodgkins2000
Investigator
Investigator

I am having exactly the same issue. My PAYG SIM is in an iphone and that's not helping.

I tried to apply the £10 subscription pack via topup. The £10 payment from my card was taken and added to my PAYG account, however the £10 subscription pack purchase failed on the website. I have tried multiple times to purchase the £10 subscription pack via my £10 credit but it always fails. I have tried different browsers, laptop, iphone and app.

I cannot send any SMS to 150, as the network - the message submission is failing.

I cannot call 150 - the IVR tells me I don't have sufficient credit to speak to an advisor. There doesn't appear to be an option to have a 'chat' session with an agent. The website doesn't help and the only option seems to be this community.

The irony is I purchased the SIM to see if EE service was any better than Vodafone, however EE has failed at the first hurdle and effectively 'stolen' £10 from me. Can EE turn this situation around and impress me enough to migrate to them from Vodafone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hodgkins2000 

Sorry we have no access to individual accounts on the community, to get this looked into please call us from another phone on 07953 966 150 and the team will be happy to help 🙂

Leanne. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Leanne_T

Hi @hodgkins2000 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

How long ago did you last use the SIM card to make a chargeable call, text or top up before the £10 you have added recently? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

I believe the last top up was January. 

Leanne_T

Thanks @hodgkins2000 

Do you have signal showing on the device? 

If so, can you text BALANCE to 150 and let me know the full reply? 

Leanne.

Thanks. The device shows 4G signal. 
On attempting to submit any sms, including to 150, the message is not sent. 
On calling 150, it says 'it looks like you don't have enough credit to make this call'

It is not possible to use mobile data either.

Are you able to investigate what is wrong with my subscription? Or can you direct me to a team that can? 

Leanne_T

Hi @hodgkins2000 

Sorry we have no access to individual accounts on the community, to get this looked into please call us from another phone on 07953 966 150 and the team will be happy to help 🙂

Leanne. 

For sending texts, ensure your phone's Messaging app has the Message Centre no. setting for EE as +447958879879.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks, I called that number. The IVR stated that as I hadn't used my EE number in a while it was suspended. It asked me to press 1 to reactivate it. After that, I could use the £10 balance to purchase a prepaid pack and SMS and calls were then possible.

It's confusing that the website and App don't tell you the number is suspended.

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @hodgkins2000 

Glad this is now sorted for you. 

Leanne 🙂