Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changes for EE customers roaming in the EU

LisaCS
Investigator
Investigator

Hi.

I currently reside in the EU and keep my pay as you go ee number so that my parents can call me whenever (elderly and not tech savvy). I recently cannot make outgoing calls or send SMS but incoming calls and SMS are working. 

Will I be able to keep the number active if I'm topping up frequently? 

Appreciate your help!

11 REPLIES 11
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @LisaCS

Thanks for coming to the community. 

When was the last time you made a chargeable activity as below? 

• Voice and data usage. This includes making calls, sending text messages and picture messages, retrieving a voicemail, and using data that is not within your pack or add-on.
  • Topping up your account.
  • Buying a pack or an add-on.

Calls, texts and data usage made using your allowance from your pack do not count towards a chargeable activity. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne.

I topped up last week, but haven't been able to make calls or send SMS (presumably because of the changes to EU roaming?)

Thanks for your help.

@LisaCS : Changes to EU roaming haven't come in yet & so cannot affect the validity of your PAYG SIM.

Before last week's top-up when did you last use it for a chargeable action as per @Leanne_T 's post? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. It may have already gone into hibernation before you topped-up.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi @XRaySpeX  

I last topped up 8th October 2021 and used it to make a brief call in Oct. It's not let me send SMS since this point either.. before this I topped up in July and April also.

It's still allowing incoming calls and SMS...would this be the case if the number has gone into hibernation?? How can this issue be rectified? 

Leanne_T

Hi @LisaCS

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Please give our Pay as you go Care team a call on +44 7953966250, and the team will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne 🙂

As you are still able to receive calls I would think that it hasn't gone into hibernation. Not so sure that receiving texts would come to the same conclusion. Also you say you made a chargeable (?) call only 4 months ago.

For sending texts, check your phone's Messaging app has the Message Centre no. setting for EE as +447958879879.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX  yes I made a chargeable call in Oct. I just updated the number in the message app settings as per your advice and still msgs are not sending.

Hi @Leanne_T 

Thanks for your reply. I can't make calls, the app I use for international calls doesn't work with the number as it's not connecting when I select the relevant option via the keypad, and financially I can't call from my foreign number. 

Is there a call back service available or live chat perhaps?

Leanne_T

Thanks @LisaCS

I've sent you a private message on here for some extra details. 

Thanks.

Leanne.