cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of ownwership of EE number

Mustafa365
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hello, I have a PAYG EE phone number, and I was wondering how I would go about proving that this is my own number, if I needed to do so?  As a PAYG customer, I don't get any bills through the post.  The only correspondence I get is emails & texts from EE when I top up my credit, or make some sort of change to my package etc.  But these messages don't have my name or address on them.  Is there some sort of document I can request which has my name (and maybe address) on it so I can prove my number is registered to me?  Many thanks!  

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mustafa365  You’ll never receive a bill it’s PAYG you’re not billed on PAYG.     The phone number is associated with your EE account and only you can use that number/account.     Why did you need to prove that this is your number?  All the proof you need is by someone calling you on that number. 

Mustafa365
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I was having a conversation with someone about this, and it occurred to me that with a PAYG number, you don't have have any proof of ownership of the number.  

Technically you don't have any Ownership of your Number, so you don't own it, whether your on PAYG or Pay Monthly, its a non tangible product, it is actually a reusable recourse which is allocated as part of a Telecommunications Service, not even the Networks Own the Numbers, they buy blocks of Number Allocations from Ofcom.

Ofcom allow you and the Networks to Reallocate your Number to another Service or Network provided certain criteria's are met, but once the Service has expired or closed the Number goes back in the Reusable Resource Pile where it can be reused again at a later date. 

Lazare_12
Visitor

So this the same problem with me,I need email from EE that I can use to proof that my EE number is mine.email me please 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lazare_12 

Thanks for coming here. 

Please get in touch with our mobile care team and they can provide proof of ownership. 

Leanne.