cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay to Go EE sim card not usable abroad (Romania)

Loqki
Investigator
Investigator

Hey all, I bought with the help of someone from UK a blank EE sim card and a 5 pounds e-voucher for a project. Today I received the sim card and slotted into an Iphone first and then into a Huawei phone. On both I have signal, roaming active and 4G signal with Orange|EE selected (auto and tried selecting other as well with no success) but I can't text/call at all (calling on any number will either just call once and then end the call or will say call is barred instantly). I did charge up the sim card directly with a credit card (as I couldn't use the initial e-voucher because I can't text to 150 anything) and added an add-on for 200 messages which will last only for 1 day, and still no luck in sending messages (the addon says to be national and international available). What can I do/try to make it work? Thank you in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

I see @Loqki 

The call or text would needed to have been on the EE network for this to work abroad. To confirm this is the problem you can get in touch with our pay as you go care team from any other phone. 

Leanne.