cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to move networks, but unsure how Pay as you Go works

TheGoatWithFluf
Explorer

I already applied for a sim from EE for pay monthly unlimited data, which had to be cancelled because I needed one from my current network out of necessity.

But this network is, terrible. It's O2. 

I want to switch to EE, but I no longer need unlimited data and texts/calls. I just need Pay As You Go. I can't afford a subscription cost in my current situation, I need to downgrade technically. 

What's confusing to me is what Pay as you Go means here at EE? I get sent to a page which asks for a monthly subscription instead, which isn't Pay as you Go. That's just a subscription. The plan I want is to top up only when I need to, whether that's texts, calls or mobile data on rare occasion. The way O2 has it current with their Pay as you Go is you use up all your allowance, then pay to top up. 

8 REPLIES 8
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Does this help you, its the Current PAYGO Price Plan and Additional Packs - 

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/pay-as-you-go-standard-price-guide-010323-v2.pdf

You can use your Credit for Calls and Texts, but you will need to buy a Pack for Data, a Pack also includes a cheaper way to Call and Text.

No? That looks complicated. All I can get from that is that calls cost a ton and what I get only lasts 30 days. Which is pointless.

I'm not using my phone that much. It's just the odd call and text and very rarely mobile data. Which would be under 1GB most of the time. 

The issue your going to have on EE's Paygo Plans is the your requirement to rarely use Mobile Data, as this will require a Pack Purchase.

If you need to be on the EE Network for Coverage reasons, then either look at a cheap EE Pay Monthly Plan or look at one of the MVNO's that use the EE Network, although Ive never used any Current EE MVNO's I do know someone who uses 1p Mobile Paygo Plan as an occasional Data User that seems to work for them. 

This still doesn't answer anything I asked. I want a system like the one I had with O2. Where I have a balance of say, £10. Texts, calls, and mobile data each cost a bit of that balance. Texts are say, 1p per text, calls, 10p, 1mb of mobile data is 10p. And that balance lasts forever.

What EE plans have this sort of set up? The main requirement is that it's reasonably priced, and lasts forever. 

@TheGoatWithFluf wrote - This still doesn't answer anything I asked. I want a system like the one I had with O2. Where I have a balance of say, £10. Texts, calls, and mobile data each cost a bit of that balance. Texts are say, 1p per text, calls, 10p, 1mb of mobile data is 10p. And that balance lasts forever.

Which bit doesn't answer what you've asked, I given you a PDF Link to EE's PAYG Price Plans and Packs, Ive tried to explain to you that in order to use Data you will need to buy a Pack, You don't need to use Packs or you can Buy a Pack  then Cancel them but you will only be able to use your Credit for Voice and Text and not Data without a valid Pack, Ive also tried to explain that I believe this is where you are going struggle with the requirement for occasional Data use and have suggested an another MVNO that uses the EE Network as an alternative.

Each Network has different PAYG Plans, if your specifically wanting a Plan identical to the O2 offering perhaps that's the only solution for you. 

It's confusing me, I don't know what these packs are for, why they only last 30 days. I just want something like 1p mobile. I don't know how reliable 1p mobile is, I've only been recommended EE by family and friends. But I can't find anything that's accessible and light usage with EE which is why I'm asking here, and for some reason there's no customer service, so I can't go and ask them. 

Each PAYG Pack is detailed with the Price Plan PDF Link I provided.

You can Call EE Customer Service on 0800 956 6000 or you pop into an EE Shop.

I have speech issues and autism, it's hard to ask over the phone. The relay option is often very slow, but it doesn't work on my computer, and I struggle to type on my phone. The text customer service says it's down. I'm guessing it's been like that since day 1.  I may go with 1p Mobile then since it uses the EE network. And it's cheaper. I appreciate the suggestion, it took a bit of research to uncover its reliability. It seems to be exactly what I need.