cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG sim not working

scottmc1875
Investigator
Investigator

Bought a sim online last week for my son, was delivered on Thursday but it has no signal, tried it in two phones, said on leaflet with card that it takes 2 days for balance to appear, is there something i should be doing to activate the sim?

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

PAYG SIMs are auto activated when you use them in UK.

How much did you pay for it & where?

What does texting AL to 150 from your no. fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Was on the EE site, £10 pack, text 150 with AL and doesnt do anything, put my own sim back in my phone and it gave me my balance

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @scottmc1875 

Thanks for coming here. 

If you go into Settings on the device with the new SIM card installed, and manually search for a network does EE show as available? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne, yes it shows EE and that im 4 days into my 30 days but still no signal, spoke to someone on phone and he says the sim is marked as resevered and wanted me to buy another pack and would transfer this onto sim which im not willing to do as its EE's issue, not mine.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

I see @scottmc1875 

I would suggest calling us again to see if anything else can be tried to get the SIM working for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.