cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG sim card error - can someone PLEASE help from EE!

Runaround
Explorer

Could someone please help with an issue I have with a PAYG sim card that has had the number disconnected in error.

I have spent nearly 2 days, on and off of live support chat, on and off the phone (someone from EE will get back to you in 24-48 hours and never have) with day 274 being Thursday 7th March 2024, the day that my number, according to the PAYG team & the information on here, will be lost forever.

A sms text was sent out, according to the live chat operatives, at 4:50am on Monday 4th March 2024, that informed me that my sim card number would cease working. This was not only NOT received in any form, no other sms text messages, no emails, no phone calls, nothing.

I have seen / read the issues over non use and keeping numbers topped up and this was and has been done.

Is there anyone that can shed ANY light on this please, I do not have another number and all of my communications are linked to my one number with EE.

The MyEE app (installed and uninstalled as instructed by live chat) is not working and has just sat on a loading blue screen with the EE logo in the middle, on and off for 3 days.

I have / had credit on my EE account, which was not used. The number was not being ported. I did get a number of "sales" calls in Nov / Dec / Jan, offering PAYM upgrades, all were ignored. My local phone mast DID have issues for months, which was resolved, according to the EE offshore technical team.

Is there a direct email that will work, as all I keep getting is use your EE phone to call support to verify my number, which obviously is not working!

Thank you in advance

10 REPLIES 10
Runaround
Explorer

Sorry this is missing, the live chat staff (3 different ones) said to TAG someone on duty online here: @James_B 

Runaround
Explorer

Chris, I have a very urgent and similar issue, can you or anyone else that is online help me solve this?

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/SIM-cards-Porting/PAYG-sim-card-error-can-someone-PLEASE-help-from-EE/...

I keep being told to "logon" to my EE app (android) but it is still on the blue screen thing with the logo in the middle, 3 days on.

I have cleared the cache, tried a different wifi network (2 types) and explained that I cannot "live chat" in the app, to the web chat team about this and an ongoing issue about my EE number not working.

Is there anyone on the EE forum, that works out of EE offices, as opposed to working from home? All three conversations I have had for many hours, on web chat are with people at home, working satelite, with no supervisors, no TL or TM's they can transfer to?

This separate issue is inline with this sim number issue here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/SIM-cards-Porting/PAYG-sim-card-error-can-someone-PLEASE-help-from-EE/...

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Runaround.

Thanks for coming here. 

We have no account access here on the community to stop your pay as you go SIM being disconnected. 

If your account is in hibernation and due to be disconnected you will need to get in touch with our customer care team who can stop this, unfortunately, there is no email for this department.

Should you have another phone available the team can be contacted on +44 7953 966 250. 

Katie

Katie_B

Hi @Runaround

I have responded to your other post. 

Katie 🙂

Thank you for replying Katie, I am just going in circles with this, as you can tell by my username here...

Can you or anyone else, at least ask someone in the right customer care team who can stop this, even though I have spent 2 working days already trying to get someone to help me, send me a private message as what I can actually do?

Each live chat has resulted in "click here, wait 24-48 hours" for a reply / call back from a manager, of which you can see by my frustration has not happened yet!

If my number is disconnected forever, as it states on many others that have not nipped it in the bud, I will loose access to a decade plus of account access, which I cannot update with any new number from EE, as they ALL send you a text or push message or app message, via the number suspended!

Katie_B

Hi @Runaround

I understand how frustrating this must be. 

For security purposes our customer care team will need to speak with the owner of the number to complete security to be able to stop the account being disconnected. 

When requesting a call back are you able to provide an alternative UK number? if your number is currently disconnected the agents will not be able to call. 

Do you have an alternative line you could use to call the number I have provided above?

Katie

Sure you do, I was shocked at the amount of lines this is happening to on here, on social media and even on consumer sites like BBB & MSE!

I understand the security side, I am the owner and that is not an issue, I have completed it 3 times via the web chat team.

Yes, I have done that, they / nobody called back when I had access to it.

Yes, I have also called from an "alternative" number, again someone will call you back, nobody has.

What time do the "customer care team" who will stop this happening, work until and where from, I have live web chat on right now again, they seem to all be working from "home" and have no-one to escalate this to?

Katie_B

Hi @Runaround

When calling the number provided please select option 2. 

This will take you to the automated menu and connect you with an agent so you don't have to wait for a call back.

Please be sure to let me know how you get on. 

Katie