cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outrageous stolen credit by EE and cut off my phone number and signal

Dee2023
Investigator
Investigator

EE are an APPALLING  company who literally steal money from customers. As a PAYG customer in Ireland but with a UK number (as I visit and lived there before), I recently topped up on 19th Nov 2023. Initially topped up £5 but as I had a UK bank card but Irish address, the system crashed and said there was an "error" despite there being an option to pay in other countries. So as I thought it was an error, I topped up again, not realising the first time WASN'T an error and same thing happened again, a supposed "error" but yet another £5 was taken from my card. Not realising either of these payments went through, I topped up again on my mobile phone and that transaction was successful and I received the credit. I raised a recharge dispute with my bank about the other 2 credits. But the following week realised that the first two transactions did go through but to an older EE number, which I no longer have, despite the website crashing and saying there was an error. I phoned EE and they transferred the two £5 top up's to the old number to the correct number, so I informed my bank to cancel the recharge, even though the website errors weren't my fault and I shouldn't have had to top up 3 times anyway. But I was content to have the credit transferred to the other number but the bank didn't cancel the recharge claim. Then yesterday I turned on my phone to discover my number was completely dead, no signal and no credit, so couldn't even use my phone at all to make calls and the full £15 credit was gone!!!! As the recharge claim had not been cancelled with the bank, I phoned to make sure they didn't cancel it and added another claim for the £5 that did successfully go through, as EE have killed my phone number and taken all credit away!!!! That is how BAD your horrible company is and I am taking legal action against you.

I also can't even log into my account, as when I log in, I see nothing and can't "add" my number, as my number has GONE!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dee2023,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you're phone isn't currently working.

If you have raised a payment dispute with your card provider, your account may have been suspended.

I'd recommend contacting Customer Care on +447953 966 150 so a member of the team can take a look at your account and get this resolved for you.

James

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Dee2023 , If you have something like Skype, you can ring customer services for free:

+448000798586

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@Dee2023  When did you last use the EE sim for a call or text ?   You might want to read THIS 

Hi,

I'm living in Ireland and can't afford to phone EE when they have suspended my number because of an error on your website. I sent a message on facebook, on messenger and they ignored it, as well as a comment on a post highlighting the message I sent. So EE obviously couldn't care less how they treat customers. It's really inconvenienced me, as I have no UK number now but will never get another EE number now whenever I visit. I don't want to be an EE customer again.

On 19th Nov I went to top up my number on website and it crashed when I went to pay by card, saying "sorry there is an error". I assumed the payment hadn't been processed and made another one, and same thing happened. Then I topped up successfully on my phone  using annonymous quick top up. On that day I raised a recharge claim with my UK bank and the following week, I checked an older EE account (a different number I hadn't used in a long time and no longer had sim), and discovered the first two £5 top up's went onto that number that I didn't  have. I phoned EE to explain what happened and the person I spoke to wasn't able to verify my older number but did transfer the credit onto the correct phone number. Even though the error on your website caused me to top up 3 times, I was happy enough to accept the transfer of credit and phoned my bank to cancel recharge claim but they didn't. Then a couple of days ago I went to use my phone and the number (and credit) was completely gone! No signal and no credit. So I phoned my bank to make sure they wouldn't cancel the recharge claim and they hadn't and I also added the other £5 top up that I made anonymous on 19th Nov, that went through successfully, as ALL the £15 credit I had on the number had gone. This is just disgraceful and the error is on the side of EE. Had your side accepted my UK card (with Irish address) without throwing an error, I would have immediately realised something was wrong and I was topping up the wrong number, instead of making THREE top up's for £5. Also the fact that my number was suspended taking all my credit makes me believe that I did exactly the correct thing in pursuing a recharge claim. My UK bank will honor the recharge claim and I have already received that money back, as EE took ALL my £15 credit. I will NEVER be a customer of yours again.

@Dee2023 , I have suggested you ring customer service using something like Skype, which is free as there is a free number, here is the number once again:

+448000798586

There is nothing we can do here, as there is no account access, so you will have to speak to them, or you can write to them, the address should be under there where it says contact us, but that would take longer to resolve your problem.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@Dee2023  I’ll ask again.  When did you last use that sim to make a call/text ?     

It's nothing to do with that. It was to do with topping up, which I did recently but there were errors on website. I've already now spoken this morning on skype to them, and number is definitely cancelled, so nothing more can be done. I won't be replying to other comments on here, as there is no point and don't have time. Thanks anyway for the help here.