cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nano card

phonebug
Investigator
Investigator

Hello. I am giving my phone to my partner who has an EE PAYG account. My partner will require a nano card because  I will keep the existing nano card and use it in my new phone.  Should my partner order a new nano card from EE or could I do that?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@phonebug if your partner has an EE pay as you go account, then he has a SIM card, and if his is not nano one, he should be able to do so with his, otherwise he will need to request a replacement SIM card, which has three sizes in one and you just push the one you need out, if he has one of those, then he should be able to do so.

If you are near an EE high street store, you can go there, but make sure it is a replacement of his SIM card, not yours, otherwise, he can order a replacement SIM card, which will be sent out to him by second class post at a cost of £1.50.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thank you. My partner's current SIM just pays for calls and texts; the new card will include broadband. Will the new card have £0 on it so it can be topped up via the account?

@phonebug , I would suggest taking a look at what the SIM cards offer if he is looking at pay as you go, you can do the same for contract, which do have data included, which is what I suspect you are looking for, pay as you go, will depend how much you want to pay, as I do not and have never used pay as you go, do not know, but take a look at shop and it will tell you, but to keep his number, if he needs a new SIM card, he will need a replacement SIM card.

Take a look here for pay as you go:

https://ee.co.uk/mobile/pay-as-you-go-sim-only

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

All PAYG SIMs include some data, up to 125GB for £30 / month.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)