cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Pay as You Go monthly pack has not renewed.

dontwantjoin11
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Texting BAL does not show you how many texts, minutes and data you have remaining as you have no active pack.

Did you have a £5 pack and at some time you did not let it renew. The £5 pack is a legacy pack & if you don't let it auto renew you can't get it again

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
dontwantjoin11
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have a similar issue. My monthly Pay as you go subscription that I have held for many years has suddenly this month not renewed (even though my account is in credit). Logging onto my account, my attempt to access 'manage payment' results in the displayed message 'Sorry, we were unable to complete your request right now. Please try again later.'

How do I resolve this please as it would appear that my subscription has been invalidated?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @dontwantjoin11 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Could you let me know the full reply you received after texting BALANCE to 150? 

Have you tried restarting your phone? 

Leanne 🙂

dontwantjoin11
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

Response to texting BALANCE

'Your current balance as of today 17:58 is £18.42. Your last top up was £5:00 on 02/04/2024 at 15:19. For more info on your packs, add-ons...' etc.

Texting BALANCE used to result in not only the information above but also how many TXT's, minutes and data I had remaining, there is no such information in the above response. On logging on to my EE account, I am informed that I have zero in all three categories. As stated in my initial post, it would appear that my subscription has been invalidated.

Texting BAL does not show you how many texts, minutes and data you have remaining as you have no active pack.

Did you have a £5 pack and at some time you did not let it renew. The £5 pack is a legacy pack & if you don't let it auto renew you can't get it again

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you for your insight. You are correct, I've had the £5 pack since several years ago but my bewilderment is to why it hasn't auto renewed as it has been doing for all those years. There was credit in my account.

Also, I am still confronted with the below when I attempt 'manage payment' in my account...

dontwantjoin11_0-1713036533305.png

Leanne_T

Hi @dontwantjoin11 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

To get your EE account and pack looked into, please give us a call on 150 our pay as you go guides will be happy to help. 

Leanne.

dontwantjoin11
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion. Despite dedicating a significant portion of yesterday afternoon to resolving the issue through the options provided by calling 150, I have been unable to rectify the fact that my subscription still remains invalidated and I am unable to access the 'manage payment' feature. Even after attempting various combinations of the 150 options offered, none have led to a solution. Additionally, the 'Contact Us' feature via the app simply redirects me to call 150, which (with reference to the above) has proven unhelpful. The closest solution provided through the 150 menu is to purchase an add-on but this only serves as a temporary stop-gap and does not address the problem. It is becoming increasingly frustrating that a company of EE's reputation and calibre does not offer recourse to resolve enquiry to an issue.

In summary, my account remains invalid despite having credit and I am prevented from accessing 'manage payment' for renewal. Any attempt to resolve the issue through the multi 150 option combinations leads to a dead end.

Leanne_T

Hi @dontwantjoin11 

If you call us on 150 and select account queries and hold for a guide the call will be directed to the team who can help you get this looked into. 

You can also call us on 07953 966 150 from any other phone. 

Leanne. 

Are you an AI Bot or an actual person? If the latter, with all due respect, what does 'hold for a guide' mean? There is no 150 option for 'account queries' and holding simply results in being advised to text 'Help' or visit the EE website (which is this site I'm current on). The call then terminates.

Here is the as near as I can achieve attempting option combinations via 150

150 --- option 2 (mobile enquiries)

Then the options are 

1 Top up, 2 Packs, Info on Boosts, 3 Lost Phone, 4 Sales

On opting for either option 1 or 2 of the above results in inevitably being looped back to previous options given.

I would be delighted to be able to select 'account queries' but what is the option combination to access that please?