Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy 2020 Free Boosts

Jase80s
Investigator
Investigator

Hi quick payg question

if I attempt to change pack (in the EE app) from the previously new pack (post 2020) £10 [5Gb] to the latest new pack recently announced £10 [8Gb] - I get a message saying I will loose free boost stamps but I will be able to earn more.

Does this message apply to the max 6 free boost in my current pack or also too the legacy (pre 2020) free boost of which I have many?

thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thats disappointing to hear, so the message on the ee website about legacy free boosts needs updating to say that if you move from one (previously new) pack to the latest (now new pack) at the same price you will loose ALL FREE BOOSTS which includes not only the max 6 free boosts of the new packs but also in addition any legacy (pre 2020) free boosts.

0E7C2212-B826-42AD-8AE8-EFDA793F749E.png

Obviously I will not be moving to any of the latests (2023) packs if it means my legacy (pre 2020) free boosts are lost. 

Thanks for the clarification.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jase80s 

Welcome to the community.

Are you changing from a 7 day pack to a 30 day pack, or vice-versa?

Chris

Hi Chris,

No, just from 30 day to 30 day, 

thanks.

James_B

Hi @Jase80s,

What is the full message you see?

James

See below

C97844E0-F76F-4F14-BE2B-289918FEB43E.png

James_B

Thanks @Jase80s 

Yes, that message suggests you will lose all of your current free boosts.

James

Thats disappointing to hear, so the message on the ee website about legacy free boosts needs updating to say that if you move from one (previously new) pack to the latest (now new pack) at the same price you will loose ALL FREE BOOSTS which includes not only the max 6 free boosts of the new packs but also in addition any legacy (pre 2020) free boosts.

0E7C2212-B826-42AD-8AE8-EFDA793F749E.png

Obviously I will not be moving to any of the latests (2023) packs if it means my legacy (pre 2020) free boosts are lost. 

Thanks for the clarification.

James_B

Hi @Jase80s,

I'd recommend giving our Customer Care Team on 150.

They'll be able to access your account and see if it is possible for them to change your plan without losing your boosts.

James

The article is correct! You do not lose your free boosts from legacy packs when you move to the latest packs. The msg you received just means you start again with earning free boosts & so the stamps appearing in your MyEE a/c are zeroised, not the old free boosts themselves.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)