cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I believe my pay as you go may be in hibernation, but I can't reach anyone.

mikeyc9
Investigator
Investigator

I am abroad and unable to text 150 (error - 10) or call to figure this out, but I believe my number may have gone into hibernation. I have recently topped up but still unable to call or make texts.

I was originally told by a salesman that my PAYG number would never go into hibernation, and I didn't need to top-up to keep it active, I guess he was wrong?

Is someone able to contact me by phone or email to resolve this? I am unable to dial out.

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@mikeyc9 : No one will contact you from this user discussion group other than thro' the medium of these forums by posts such as this. Anyway we haven't the faintest idea who you are.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Live chat is never available, and I can't find a single contact email.

Any other solutions to talk to a human when a phone device is not working?

354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

There is no live chat for PAYG customers.

Awesome, smoke signals it is!

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@mikeyc9 : When did you last use it for a chargeable action prior to recent top-up? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I'm not sure. I'm fairly sure I have made a text in that time. I receive text, but cant send them out anymore.

I was told when converting my contract number to PAYG (because of moving abroad) that I wouldn't need to topup or do anything to maintain my number and keep it active.

I specifically asked and said it would be over a year until I'm back in UK, do I need to do anything to maintain the number? Will it be hibernated?

I was told no, I wouldn't need to do anything.

Now I'm unable to call or text EE to get this sorted...

You can contact EE from any other phone, using 0800 0798586 or 0800 9566000

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @mikeyc9

Thanks for coming back to us. 

If you can give us a call from any other phone on the numbers @bristolian has provided, our pay as you go care team will help you with your account. 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

As I mentioned a few times, I can't dial out. I am on PAYG abroad too, and don't have international coverage.

Why is there no way to request a callback?