Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out if a payg sim is still in service

Nealy
Contributor
Contributor

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks again Leanne for replying.... having had the new for nearly 3 months it should be in service as per your information.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nealy

Thanks for coming here. 

Are you able to make and receive calls when the SIM card is in a phone? 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne... many thanks for your quick reply.

I'm currently in Thailand with no credit I don't want to add £5 credit if the number is no longer in service. The EE shop suggested that there was no charge for receiving txt abroad but that appears untrue.

Leanne_T

Hi @Nealy

You can receive texts free. 

When was the SIM card last used for any of the below chargeable activities? 

• Voice and data usage. This includes making calls, sending text messages and picture messages, retrieving a voicemail, and using data that is not within your pack or add-on.
  • Topping up your account.
  • Buying a pack or an add-on.

After 273 days of no activity the number would be recycled and lost.

Leanne.

Thanks again Leanne for replying.... having had the new for nearly 3 months it should be in service as per your information.

Leanne_T

Hi @Nealy

If you haven’t used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days, your account will go into hibernation and any credit will be removed. But don’t worry; at this point it’s not too late to reinstate it – just get in touch with our Customer Care team.

Leanne.

Screenshot_20220929-210002_Messages.jpg

Leanne_T

Hi @Nealy

This is to send texts, please see our Roaming Costs, Help page for more details. 

Leanne.

No, the shop was correct. Receiving texts (& MMS) is free anywhere in the world.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Jank0x
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi!

You will receive signal from the network on your phone if the SIM card is still in service. No service = no signal. 

hope this helps 😊