cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EUROPE Roaming from June 2023, I how do I pay the £10.00 charge for one week?

jasna_pecaric
Visitor

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@jasna_pecaric : Roaming charges are being introduced for using your pack allowances in the EU for PAYG from 06/06/23 as either £2.50 / day, by texting ROAMEU1D to 150, or £10 / week, by texting ROAMEU7D to 150, to be taken only from your PAYG credit, not your recurring card payment. If you text neither you will be paying standard rates for calls & texts.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@jasna_pecaric : Roaming charges are being introduced for using your pack allowances in the EU for PAYG from 06/06/23 as either £2.50 / day, by texting ROAMEU1D to 150, or £10 / week, by texting ROAMEU7D to 150, to be taken only from your PAYG credit, not your recurring card payment. If you text neither you will be paying standard rates for calls & texts.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

hello I have a problem I wrote in a message to the number 150 ROAMEU7D and I got this reply: "You can text the following codes to 150 for free while in the UK or EU:

BALANCE for more info on your remaining credit, allowances, packs, add-ons or free boosts,

bOOST to check the status of your FREE BOOST,

ALL PACKS for a list of packs available,

ADDONS for a list of data, text or minutes add-ons available,

NOW if you have bought another pack and want to start it early,

STOP PACK to stop any active packs from recurring,

rOLLOVER to check what data you've rolled over from your previous pack,

HELP PAYG for a link to online help,

HELP TOP UP to find out how to top up via text,

vO followed by voucher number (Incl mobile number at the end if topping up a different phone - VO 1234567891261236 07973100150 for example),

RO country name for roaming rates,

NUMBER whats my telephone number,

UNLOCK to check the lock status of your Apple device,

vM ON or VM OFF to control diverts to your voicemail,

CONTENT LOCK: Check and restrict your 18+ Rated content settings,

APP to download the My EE app,

SCAM : Info on how to spot and deal with scams and spam

STOP to 1234: To opt out of marketing communications.

more info can be found at ee.co.uk/textservices" although I have funds secured on PAYG. what should I do in this case?

Ewaa
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve got the same. EE seems to be totally unprepared bit I guess they would have no issues charging for calls and data, this will work for sure

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello, 

On your arrival to a European country you will receive a welcome text message with the option to opt into either the daily or seven day charge. You must have the available funds on your account as credit and have a subscription pack active to be able to opt into these. 

More information can be found HERE

Thanks, 

Katie

Just to clarify, I do have founds and I did receive a text; however when replying using ROAMEU7D nothing happened, apart from some general txt with list of codes. This is the issue other users have reported. 

Katie_B

Hi @Ewaa

Could you please confirm you have an active subscription pack in place?

Speak soon,

Katie

I have the same problem. I have active subscription pack and founds on PAYG.

Katie_B

Hi @Paul330

Do you also receive a text back with codes that can be text to 150?

Katie

Yes.