Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE PAYG Roaming in Iran

Bez130
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I have recently had a trip to Iran and as soon as I arrived, I received a text message from EE saying for making or receiving calls the charges are £1.8/min and I have signal coverage too, but I can't make or receive any calls or send any text at all. My data roaming is also on as well on my phone. Does anyone have any idea how I could sort this out as I need to receive a very important call. 

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @Bez130 ,

Welcome to the community,

You need to make sure that you have enough credit on your account to make calls and send text.

Do you have any signal where you are?

You can also do a manual search for a signal.

If you have Skype, you can ring customer service for free if Skype is allowed in Iran:

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/account-billing/mobile

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you use that PAYG SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad? EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi @Schockwave,

Thank you for your reply.

I have signal in here and on the bars it says IR-MCI(EE). I also have 10 pounds of credit on my account. I have also searched on my online account to see whether there is any option to activate roaming for my sim card as read in other post but apparently it is auto-enabled for PAYG sims! I am so confused.

Hi @XRaySpeX ,

Thank you for your reply,

Yes absolutely I bought a £15 subscription pack and used it as well. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bez130,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you been able to test your phone in more than one location?

James

Hello @James_B ,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes actually I managed to test it while I have been in different places and still the same result. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bez130,

Please could you try selecting a different network manually and let me know if that helps?

iPhone: Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection > Turn off Automatic

Android: Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

James