cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about Auto Renewal: Credit Balance Query?

EthanG01
Visitor

Hey EE Community,

I recently received a text stating that my auto-renewal for the £10 PayG package failed. Following this, I called 150 to top up, but it added credit to my account instead of activating the PayG package. I then manually selected the £10 PayG package in the EE app, entered my card details, and it charged my card while indicating auto-renewal. However, my account still shows a £10 credit balance. I'm wondering if this credit will be used for my next package, or if I'll be billed £10 each month from my card having selected auto-renewal for my debit card. Can someone clarify this for me?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

A top-up is nothing more than adding to your credit.

When buying your pack in the app it would have offered you to either "Pay by Card" or "Pay by Credit". You chose the former when you should've chosen the latter.

Now you are set up for auto renewal paying by card. To get out of this text STOP PACK to 150 & start again when your next pack is due, paying by credit..

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)