Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to my plan

sandylaidlaw
Contributor
Contributor

I received the following text from EE

"Hi, EE here. As the UK's best network, we're always making improvements - and now we're making some technical changes that will affect your current plan. So, you'll need to move to a new plan, and possibly a new device, by 15th January 2023.

If you do move to a new plan, we'll throw in 500 texts, 500 minutes and 500MB data for free, for 7 days. If you don't, you'll still be able to call and text, but you won't be able to access the internet without WiFi. For more info, visit us in-store or give us a call on 0800 956 3090."

I am on EE pay as you go, with the £5 monthly pack.  When I log in, the £5 pack still seems to be available to purchase, can anyone shed any light on why I can't continue with my current plan?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your help everyone, I spoke to a very helpful man at EE called Michael who explained the 3g thing - I didn't think I would still be on a 3g sim as my sim is relatively new, but it turns out it is.  So I'm getting a new one sent out, and he said my plan should stay the same 🤞

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@sandylaidlaw , how long have you had your pay as you go? It could be a legacy one, which you will have to change either you choose what they have suggested or stick with what you have and loose data and only be able to use Wifi. You can always discuss this with EE to see what they have to say and why the change.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

This may be related to the pending switch-off of the 3G network. This doesn't affect 4G-devices, and 2G will continue to be available, but 3G services will cease on all UK networks over the next couple of years - EE has announced 2023 as sunset date.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/network-and-coverage/coverage-and-speed/3g-plan-changes 

As @bristolian has referred, due to the pending switch-off of the 3G network nationwide, EE is closing its EE 3G plans (previously switched from Orange or T-M) & offering a switch to a standard EE 4G plan with the 7-day free throw-in mentioned. If you don't switch you are free to leave EE.

Depending on what type of device you have you might not not be able to go on the Net eventually when the 3G network is switched off. If you already have a 4G or 5G device you'll be OK & can safely ignore the bit about getting a new device.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for your help everyone, I spoke to a very helpful man at EE called Michael who explained the 3g thing - I didn't think I would still be on a 3g sim as my sim is relatively new, but it turns out it is.  So I'm getting a new one sent out, and he said my plan should stay the same 🤞

@sandylaidlaw , thank you for coming back and letting us know and that you got it sorted, glad we were able to help, always worth speaking to customer service, as they can see your account and that it only needs a new SIM card and you can keep your plan, which is good, so you are welcome, that is what we are here for.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Shaniidemain
Visitor

I want to change my plan as I fully paid for my phone and coverage I never lost my phone. So can I take out fully covered. On go on a pay as you go plan please

@Shaniidemain : You may either upgrade to a SIM-Only contract or move to PAYG with 30 days notice.

James1300r
Visitor

Wot are my lower tariff options?