cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock sim with 8-16 characters not PIN 1111

Lisa1901
Investigator
Investigator

I have bought an EE sim for a Reolink security camera. I have put the SIM in an unblocked handset (ZTE Blade) and when it asks for the PIN I put in 1111 and it says the network is locked and it needs a PIN with between 8-16 numbers.

I have tried calling your helpline, held for 25 minutes and got cut off.

9 REPLIES 9
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Lisa1901

Was the Reolink Security Camera linked to any other network or has this been bought direct?

Katie

It was bought brand new, direct, never been used. Either way, the sim hasn’t even been in the camera yet as I can’t activate it from the phone as directed.

Katie_B

Hi @Lisa1901

Is the phone an EE phone or unlocked to all networks?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Unlocked to all networks.

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @Lisa1901.

I'm sorry to hear you held and then the line cut off have you tried giving us a call since?

Our customer care team will be able to help further. 

Katie

No I haven’t, as I don’t have time to risk being cut off again after half an hour. I was hoping this forum may be able to help instead. Not to worry, I’ll buy a SIM from another provider.

Katie_B

Hi @Lisa1901

When you have a moment please check your community inbox. 

Katie

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You sure it's not asking for the phone's screen unlock PIN?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes, I’m sure. Thanks